Always listen to your team. Often it is not relevant what you think about what they have to say. The important thing is that they feel they have been heard since listening is the ultimate expression of respect for the human being. A problem shared is often a solved problem by the person who shares.
Put a lot of interest in what you say, do not do it simply as a fact of courtesy or because you must do, since in that listening they will be involved many emotional aspects of the person that after all affect productivity. Sometimes we can learn a lot about our team to hear, as it is approached from another point of view.
Here are some simple tips to improve listening:
- Pay attention to what they say.
- Do not try to always solve your problem, often the person does not look that.
- Have patience in listening even put a time limit, as this should be an investment of time for you.
- Put calm in your face and your body movements
- Estate receptive to everything you have to say without interrupting the speech of others.