Many are the times when you put off having to deal with a job or perform a task justifying, Most times, the lack of time we have to perform them, however, if we are honest with ourselves, we realize that this really is not the real reason, as there are other tasks that we always find the time and never leave without making.
Knowing the real reasons why we do not get ourselves to do a particular task can help us find solutions to put action and also to know ourselves better and not feel guilty about it.
What are the reasons why you procrastinate certain tasks?
1. Perfectionism. If you always finish tasks difficult because you want everything to be "perfect" and repeat over and over again and still not satisfied with the result you get.
To overcome this behavior will help you learn to recognize that your time is just as important or more than perfection. Antes de seguir invirtiendo tiempo en realizar una misma tarea pregúntate: "Will you be actually much better this task if I invest more time in it? Really worth my effort? Where can I bring more value, refine this task or performing a different?. And above all, when finished forget!
2. Overplanning. If the planning process extensions to avoid to begin work and if you intend to plan any unforeseen event, might find at the end that you've reached your budget or you are not in time to complete the work on schedule.
Teaming is a good antidote to this cause of procrastination. Sometimes too much planning can mean that you feel overwhelmed and the prospect of another person can give you a clue where to begin to approach.
3. Exceeding the deadline. If only stimulates you to work when there is a period of imminent delivery, You can get away with if it is not in the way any unforeseen, but if any difficulty arises with bills you can not meet the deadline.
Having a clear schedule when you have to make each of your tasks and be very scrupulous compliance with these, will help you to not go through that last minute stress and has meet your deadlines more productively.
4. Ask comfortable first tasks. If you tend to do the easy tasks first, Enjoyed with which you are late and pose some difficulty.
It will help you to analyze what skills or knowledge that you need to do the job and train you or get help from someone who already has them and you can guide.
5. Needing time to reflect. If eres writer painter, or if you try to solve a very complex problem, can you find yourself putting off the task.
That is not only appropriate but also necessary. You may suddenly make you wear a chore that you hate, because it is more interesting to approach your project. But this time you're actually using to reflect before. At some point you turn the bulb and everything you will effortlessly.
Now you know five reasons that justify procrastination and prove that you are good if you do it with a purpose. Make a list of everything you have left for later and see why; then you have found the solution.
Managing partner – Execoach
PCC Executive Coach