Our thoughts are a very powerful tool that determines how we face around us. Sometimes, negative thoughts invade us: “no sé”, "I can not", "I dare not" and with them, without realizing, we are building a great wall that prevents us from achieving our goals.
To tear down this wall and have a positive impact on our external world has devised a technique called display.
Visualisation is widely used in the world of sports. El deportista visualiza cada etapa del ejercicio una y otra vez hasta que para su cerebro se convierte en una realidad. One of the biggest proponents of the practice of visualization is the swimmer, Michael Phelps, winner 22 Olympic medals. He says that since he was a child, displayed in his mind every night before going to sleep what he calls: "Video how to swim perfect", make you want to get the next day.
But the display is not only important in sport, also very useful in our daily life, both personal and professional. Es muy útil para superar el pánico escénico que supone hablar en público, prepare for negotiations or to generate the vision of your career two to five years and the motivation to achieve, inter.
When we visualize we are at that moment and recreate all the sensations you perceive through our five senses. This makes new neural circuits we, as if we had actually reached our goal. All without moving a muscle. By establishing strong enough neural pathways, this helps our brain to be real and the body gradually acquires the skills needed to perform and reality.
To achieve what we want we have to empear by enhancing our ability to generate thoughts to help us believe our eyes.
And for, if desired, puedas empezar ya a poner en práctica esta potente técnica, here are the steps you need to follow to make a personal vision display to five years.
1. Think about the question: How I would like to see me in 5 years old, in my personal and professional life?
2. Close your eyes and sit comfortable, with your back straight and arms and legs uncrossed.
3. Try to remember the images of this room, light, colors ...
4. Now you can put all your attention on the sounds you hear.
5. Either you are also able to focus your attention on your breath, observing how the air enters your nostrils, inflating your lungs ... and then goes slow, Gently ... and all this helps you connect with your inner.
6. Now you can imagine how you want to be within 5 years ... Can you see yourself there in that moment ..., like you're watching a movie. Ask yourself what do you see at that time? Where are you? What are you doing?
7. Ask yourself what sounds tracks at the moment. What do you tell yourself? What the others say?
8. Ask yourself how you feel in that moment when you've achieved your goal.
9. Take a few minutes and then open your eyes.
As Walt Disney said: "If you can dream, you can create it "
If you are interested in learning these techniques, please contact us for more information.
Have you been interested in this item?
Follow us on Follow @Execoach_
And sign up for our Newsletter monthly for practical items for your professional development.
Managing partner – Execoach