On Saturday I gave the conference “The Leader Coach“ Leadership Forum in Galicia, the second Leadership Conference, Management skills and coaching. Summarize in this article the 5 key coaching based leadership, key di in the conference:
1. Relying on the greatness of others. The first requirement is a Business Coach who gives confidence in the potential of people who work with him. Namely, does not wait for others to show their worth, because trust unconditionally in the greatness of each person, in their unique gifts and talents. Trust in others helps them to trust themselves, and hence terminates transforming. Leadership is transformer.
2. Out there to in here. The Coach Leader must be aware and take responsibility for your situation and problems. It all depends on where we place the focus: on “Out there” where blame external elements of our situation or problems (crisis, chief, company culture, team) or “Herein”, where actually assume responsibility and we focus on our decisions, actions, attitude to things.
3. Connect instead of controlling. When the obsession of a manager is to control the details, working saturates, not delegate, and not spend your time on what really matters. And it gives us great fear lack of control, uncertainty, change. But the leader coach must accept and embrace change and uncertainty, to connect at the deepest level with the needs of others, and what life is demanding at all times.
4. Recognize often. The main aspect of high performance teams is the attitude orange, focalizarnos ie discard the carrot and the stick forever, which involves incorporating as part of the culture of a team whether to recognize the work, to congratulate, to thank. The brain of a good coach is orange. Always attentive to the progress of their client, to advancements, in order to encourage, to congratulate, to continue and continue to strive and improve.
5. Ask instead of solving. A team leader has to choose between show who knows everything, and tell your team how they should do things or ... listen and often ask. This implies trust that will enrich the way you work, that they also have much to teach. This is a paradigm shift. It involves people actually BELIEVE, potential trust and pass.
Managing Partner Execoach