This week I have been teaching a leadership course for managers of a financial institution, and the first thought that I shared with the participants was the difference between management and leadership.
The management It has the following components:
– We are focused on the tasks, roles, procedures.
– Generate predictability and order.
– We produce results in the short term.
Meanwhile, the leadership It has the following components:
-We are focused on people, their needs, motivations and emotions.
– We create a course, a way forward.
– We produce results in the medium / long term.